1116

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tour Eiffel - The Eiffel Tower

I started going through all of the pictures we took in Paris and I decided that there are enough pictures of the Eiffel Tower alone to make up a blog of it's own. I think we were both more impressed with it than we expected. We went back a few different times throughout the weekend to enjoy the view...

Our very first sighting



Our first night in Paris we took the advice of a friend and got a bottle of wine, a baguette and some cheese and sat down on the lawn to watch the sun go down and the tower light up.






Sam used my head for a tripod so please excuse the hair ruining the photo

No idea what caused the spots : (
Fun surprise...the tower actually sparkles for 5 minutes each hour!




From the 2nd floor of the tower looking out



Walking back down the stairs through all that steel

We spent our last hour in Paris having another picnic in front of the tower



Like I said, we didn't expect to be so taken by the enormous steel structure but we couldn't get enough! I'm so glad we were able to fit in a quick weekend in Paris before our time here is up!

Many more pictures from other places in Paris coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment