1116

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 1 of Italian Adventure~Pisa

First of all, we love, love, loved Italy. It is a beautiful country and we would love to go back someday. The people we interacted with were all so nice. We had some problems with transportation but you will read all about that later. I will be blogging one city at a time...

So, day one...We landed in Pisa around14:30. We took a quick bus ride to see the famous leaning tower of. For some reason we pictured the tower standing isolated on some grassy knoll. Actually, it stands inside a walled-in area amongst other impressive and ancient buildings - a church and some parliamentary buildings, I think. Of course, the path bordering the inside of the wall was lined with tourist booths luring foreigners in with T-shirts, hats, umbrellas and post cards. The place was packed with people taking pictures pretending to hold up or push down the tower.









We weren’t even going to do it ourselves except that a group of Americans offered and said we couldn’t NOT take the classic picture. Unfortunately, ours didn’t turn out very well but you can imagine.

After walking around the picturesque fortified area we took a bus back and got on the first train to Rome. This was quite the adventure! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure the picture with the globe-like thing in the courtyard is Pisa? That looks like the Vatican Museums to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mica...you made me doubt but, Sam confirmed...it was behind the tower I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE the last picture :) and am glad some (crazy) Americans made you. :) I think its fun...it almost looks photoshopped. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete