Such a beautiful city. One doesn't even have to walk in any museum or church or any other tourist trap to appreciate it. We only had about 7 hours to explore the "downtown" area and we enjoyed every minute!
The best overnight accommodations we had in Italy


Unbeknown to us, the one day we were there happened to land on the last day of Gelato Fest! Lucky us, we got to try about ten different kinds of real Italian Gelato : )


So many famous men sculpted in stone; I think they each deserve the recognition
(see names below each figure)








We tried so hard to get a couple good shots of this bridge; impossible to properly represent through a camera lens




After the sun set, we found an amazing pizza place to eat at (naturally). Then sat down in one of the many big squares to eat our last sample of Gelato as we watched the tourists and vendors slowly disappear.
Surely any artist would have loved and appreciated Florence more than we but we would go back in a heartbeat!
Okay, my goal was to finish blogging about Italy BEFORE we left for Paris. I think I can do it. I just have to post Cinque Terre tomorrow!












No comments:
Post a Comment