Dear friends,
Sam is having a good morning. We got in trouble for sneaking down to the snack bar. The doctor came to take his stitches out while we were gone. OOPS. Hey, no one told us when she was coming so it’s not our fault.
Watching the stitches being removed was pretty cool. We still can’t wash his hair or finish shaving his head until Tuesday. In
After the stitches were out they didn’t put any bandage over the area and I have spent the last 20 minutes watching Sam’s brain pulse. I can’t describe it well but, right over the area where the incision was, his skin is pulsing with his heart beat. The bump that rises with each is pulse is about the size of a marble sometimes! I couldn’t handle it anymore so I came to the computer to distract myself. I called the nurse in but of course when she came in it stopped. It gets worse when he does anything except lay quiet with his eyes closed so I keep telling him to be quiet and close his eyes and he keeps laughing at me.
So far ‘all things go’ for checking out tomorrow. Matt lands around 2:00 in the afternoon and we should head out shortly after that. I am a little nervous to drive around in
I gave in with the fast food. We found out there was a KFC down town
Once again we ended our night with some German music videos. We decided if these things aired in
So hopefully I will be writing the blog tomorrow night from our own little dorm in
Prayers:
-Safe travels for Matt and that I will be able to find him at the airport since he will not have a phone.
-No troubles on our drive back to
-A safe transition to recovering away from a hospital.
-Thank God for getting us through this week
Yeah! We're looking forward to having you back in Mainz... even if we don't see you too soon- just glad you'll be "home". It's so wonderful that Matt is coming; what a blessing.
ReplyDeleteHere are my pieces of German driving tips:
1. They are serious about only using the left lane for passing. (Don't fight the man on this one; he won't budge, but might give you the finger ;)
2. Yellow lines RULE. If you ever see white and yellow lines, follow the yellow ones - the supersede the rest.
3. Watch and obey the speed limit signs :) especially going around curves and entering/exiting the autobahn... (that might be the voice of experience)
4. Enjoy the scenery - especially if you AREN'T driving. :)
Its been such an encouragement to read the good news updates the last couple days! We're still praying and praising with and for you!
You probably won't see this before you leave, but you might want to review the German right of way signs. They don't often use stop signs to denote which street has the right of way and which doesn't.
ReplyDeleteBut the Autobahn itself won't be too hard. And downtown Mainz is mostly traffic lights. DON'T run a red light in Germany. EVER. And don't turn right on red.
Have fun!
Stewart
Yay!!! So glad that you are coming home to Mainz today and that Matt gets to be here with you. We'll be praying for a safe and uneventful trip home and continued healing. Love you guys!!! jessica, t.j. and penelope
ReplyDelete