1116

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aufwiedersehen Gluhwein and Coca cola

I forgot to incorporate these pictures into the blogs over Christmas time so here they are, random yet worthy.

Collection #1
This is a picture of the Gluhwein mugs we collected at all the different Weihnachtsmarkts we visited.

Sam went a little mug crazy and we got four mugs just in Augsburg. They are adorable and very unique to Germany. Plus, we won't have to buy any mugs whenever we get our first semi-permanent home!

I will miss the Wiehnachtsmarkts, I really grew to love that German tradition. So, chances are we will not get that experience again. I'm glad we have the mugs to remind us of walking through the rows of cute little sheds full of German crafts and goodies, packed into some town's Marktplatz , surrounded by thousands of Germans enjoying the season's main event.



Collection #2
This is only a fraction of the bottles that were left over from when Scottie visited. Scott and Sam consumed more coke those two weeks than I have consumed in my life. We saved the bottles because in Germany the vast majority of plastic and glass bottles can be returned for a small pfand (refund). With all the bottles they accumulated it was worth the trip to the farther away grocery store!




I think the large volumes of pop that Sam's body took in at the close of 2009 played a large role in his 2010 resolution. Y'all will not believe it...drumroll...

Sam is giving up POP AND CHOCOLATE for one whole year!!!! Those are two of his main food groups. I'm pretty amazed and he is very serious about it. There is one small exception. We have a trip to Belgium coming up, as in the motherland of delectable schokolade. So, yes, he is allowing himself to indulge for a few days.

As for myself, I don't really do New Year's Resolutions.

So this was my excuse to make another post. We really havn't done anything blogworthy lately. However, as of today at 15:30pm I am on Urlaub. That means I have 10 days off of work!!! Woo hoo!! Those kiddos are cute but exhausting. So perhaps there will be time next week for us to have some fun and then blog about it. You'll just have to keep checkin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment