We have moved rooms. We like to call our new place the Penthouse. Above is a picture of the Institute for European History which is also our home. Our new room is the top left window that juts out from the roof top. It is on the top floor and it is the largest room in the building. It may not seem big at all but we can definitely notice the extra square footage. We even had room to move a table in the middle and play cards with some friends!
Wall #1: Here is our new set-up! I have my own little desk and chair now. So I can have space to do all of the important things I do here. Such as blog. E-mail. Facebook. Read American news. And keep up to date on my podcasts. Do you like our maps? We're so academic.
Wall #2: The luxurious vanity. I bought a calendar for us but it is 2010 so we are just displaying some nice artwork from the months we'll miss. The day after applying 4 self-adhesive hooks to the door and shelf we received an email from the "Hausmeister"(landlord) informing all of the residents here that self-adhesive hooks are not allowed. What do you think, should we take them down? Where will we hang our towels and sweaty work-out clothes?
Wall #3: The sleeping quarters. Sam no longer has to sleep on a fold out cot but we still choose to put his bed up (see left side of picture) so that we have more floor space and so we can use my bed as a couch during the day. Notice the slightly lopsided poster. My fault.
Wall #4: Our window to the world (If you were wondering, which I'm sure you were, yes, that is the title of our first dance song). We have a better view of the city, however, there is some crazy construction happening on the roof of the building across the street so the workers are conveniently at eye level adjacent to our room.We are very happy we were able to make the move. This floor is a little quieter and we enjoy the bigger room. Unfortunately, the kitchen is significantly smaller. We have to keep some of the dry groceries on the bookshelf in our room and we only have 2 shelves in the kitchen cupboard as opposed to the whole cupboard we had on the 2nd floor. I think the adjustments will be worth it though.
Still no news from the kindergarten. I am really getting anxious, I hope I get the job. I miss doing things that benefit someone other than myself. Of course I do things for Sam but those things all benefit me as well (grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc). I miss Young Life a lot. If I don't get the job I will at least have to volunteer somewhere. I'll keep y'all posted!
Tschuss meine freundin!
No comments:
Post a Comment