1116

Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Celebratory Doner!

GOOD NEWS: I got a job at the kindergarten! We went out to celebrate at a place we have been eyeing for awhile. Called, as you can see, My Doner! Doners are fantastic and I wish we had them in the states (unless we do and I just don't' know about them).

Just a cute little place. Doesn't take much to impress us, just some amazing lamb meat with cheese and veggies overflowing from a nice warm pita.


Here are the Doners. We LOVE them. They are cheap too, perfect! They are enormous. We always leave feeling stuffed. Tonight the sweet man who served us gave us a FREE order of Baklava. Delicious.

Their size makes it difficult to eat. Especially for someone with a tiny mouth, like yours truly.


This is across the street from My Doner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the German cafes and restaurants leave tables outside this far into November and they put fleece blankets out on each chair! The Germans truly love to be outside, it's great! I am curious to see just how long people continue to sit outside to enjoy their meals.



So that was our fun night out in the middle of the week to celebrate my new job! I really am so so blessed to have gotten this job. The staff at the kindergarten is over the top nice to me. They went to great lengths to get me this job. They could not tell me enough how excited they are for me to work there and if there is anything I need or any questions I have just ask.

Unfortunately it is not the exact situation we had hoped for. I am not employed by the city because that process would have taken THREE MONTHS! So I am getting paid roughly half the amount I was originally going to be paid. However, the amazing thing is, the only reason I am being paid at all is because the parent committee at the kindergarten is paying me out of their own pockets! That's how bad they wanted an American to work with their children and help improve their English. It is amazing. Not as much money as we thought possible but still far better than nothing and enough for us to enjoy ourselves and do some traveling.

I am very excited to start work on Monday. I only work 3 weeks per month, Mon-Thurs 9:30-3:30. They are so flexible and WANT me to take the time off to travel. The director, Frau Schirmer is wonderful and she tells me how important it is that my husband and I explore and experience the culture of Europe. Okay, Frau Schirmer, if you say so : )

So Sam and I are very happy and we plan on taking a little day trip this weekend. Frankfurt or Koblenz maybe. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment