I started this entry awhile ago. It began with "Harper is 6 months old now". Well, now that I am returning to finish the entry...
Harper is 7 months old now :) She is amazing. She makes me laugh every day. She has so much personality. So much energy. She has a sense of humor. She is wild. She has favorite books. She has favorite foods. She is oh so loud. She is my daughter and I love her more each morning I get to lift her giggling wiggling body out of her crib. We make eye contact and hold it. She looks at me and smiles and kicks when I come in the door. When I hold her in the rocking chair I thank God for giving her to us and ask Him to help me take good care of her for Him. I never knew a 7 month old could be this wonderful.
She eats solid food. She eats lots and lots of solid food. She loves it and is good at eating. No surprise there :) Fruits, veggies, cereal, yogurt - we haven't found anything she doesn't like yet.
She crawls! Fast. She crawls fast all day long. I am not joking when I tell people she does not sit still all day. She rolls, sits, crawls, does planks, sticks her booty in the air (downward dog if you will), crawls, sits, scooches and crawls. If she is sitting in one spot she is surely "playing the drums" with kitchen utensils and tupperware or waving blankies wildly in the air until their seams rip open (yup). She is a wild child. I don't know where she gets her energy but I think we can expect one hyper kiddo! The best part is the joyful, sometimes ear piercing, squeals she lets out. Can't get enough of them. The full on belly-laughs are my favorite though. Love her.
 |
| Chewing everything. She has TWO TEETH. If you ask me, they're the cutest little teeth any baby ever had. |
 |
| Sticking out her tongue, she blows raspberries all day. |
 |
| Not so easy to change diapers anymore! |
 |
| She gets a toy in her sights and she is there in a flash! |
 |
| Morning kisses. Mornings are the best. |
 |
| Babies don't need sunglasses you say? Oh yes, they do! She used to keep them on her head too... |
 |
| She rocks those shades for like 7 seconds before she promptly pulls them off to chew on them. |
 |
| Yesterday Harper emptied the games corner. Her first shelf clearing. Had to capture the moment. |
 |
| Just for the picture, they were put away right after! |
 |
| Loves being upside down! |
 |
| The only way to get her to "cuddle" |
 |
| Ear piercing scream of joy |
 |
| "What are you looking at?" |
 |
| Always sticking that tongue out |
 |
| Cold ring to soothe those gums |
 |
| Playing with her friend Charlotte (4 months) at Bible study - it was a hot diaper only kind of night |
 |
| Some books are good for reading, some for chewing |
The most exciting happening in her life as of late...she was baptized on May 12th!
 |
| My Grandma Jane made her baptism dress out of my mother's wedding dress!!! |
 |
| Bored, Harper? |
 |
| Really not happy about this |
 |
| Still not happy but everyone seems to think this is a big deal so I'll go along with it |
 |
This is our "Philly Family". Our small group from church. We have been meeting with them almost every single Tuesday night since we moved here! They truly keep us going here.
|
 |
| Harper's Godparents are Jordan and Christie Fitch in Minneapolis. This is Christie and their daughter, Hazel, who is 9 days older than Harper! So special! |
It was such a special day for us. We had a celebration after the service with lots of Philly friends. Harper slept most of the time but we ate and drank in her honor :)
A brief update on life for us:
Sam is in summer mode so no classes but he has a dissertation workshop so is doing lots of writing to start really thinking about the dissertation process. He is also studying for the LSAT to see if he can beat his previous score when he re-takes it this Fall. He also has Harper all to himself for two full days per week because...
I now nanny 5 full days per week! Divided between three families and seven kids, I am in diapers over my head! It is only through July. The extra income is nice but we are excited to go back to me working just 3 days per week in August!
The next post will likely not be until after our TWO WEEK trip to MINNESOTA at the end of June! Can. Not. Wait. Harper will really get to know all the people and places we love there :)
No comments:
Post a Comment