1116

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sleep. I miss that.

Our life is probably as you imagine it. We live in one to three hour intervals. I have lost track of days. Light or darkness, it doesn't matter, Harper eats every one to three hours and sleeps...intermittently. While she sleeps I try to choose one task to complete before she wakes up again. A task might be a nap, a shower, eating something or calling my mom to ensure we are surviving. I'm not sure how many different sittings it will take me to complete this blog.

Sam has been working hard to complete his law school application by next week's deadline. He also returned to his responsibilities of class and being a T.A. An administrator at PENN gave him a really hard time for not taking paternity leave. It's not like a job though. When he returned, his work would be waiting for him so we both think it's best to not fall behind to begin with.

Week 1 I had my parents here. Week 2 I was on my own while Sam was at school. It went pretty well actually. Sam, Harper and I got into a routine and made it work. Week 3 my sister came! Which was even more helpful than imagined as we think Harper fell into the common practice of going through a growth spurt at 3 weeks. This meant she ate even more often. Dana made it possible for me to shower and eat when I really don't know if I would have otherwise.


My attempt at a 2 week photo shoot. 





She LOVES bath time. Thanks Amy and Daryl for the bath seat! She could soak forever if we let her :)


Lots of daddy cuddle time

She sleeps best, and for the longest time, on daddy's chest




We love our sweet baby. She is so cute. So many adorable faces and sounds. She doesn't cry too often for reasons we can't quickly ameliorate. She has our whole hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment