1116

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Golden Calves and Fresh Paint


We took the plunge and bought ourselves a nice camera. No more point and shoot for the Lacy's. We decided on the Nikon D3100 SLR and love it. We have been practicing a lot. 

Here are just a few photos of Sam's flag football team. He plays for the Princeton Alumni team - the Golden Calves. The reigning champions of the the 2011 season. Sam is QB. We absolutely love making the drive to Princeton, just 45 minutes, on Saturday mornings. I love to get out, the team is fun to watch and we usually spend some time in the beautiful, peaceful, historic and safe little city :)




We decided that last weekend, two weeks out, was a perfect time to do some painting and other prep for the baby. Sam worked so hard and did an amazing job painting the nursery and our living room. We thought the stripes would be gender neutral. Turns out they are slightly more boyish. If we have a girl we will just add some purple and pink accessories :)






Well folks, we are 1 week away from D Day!! 
Sam seems pretty sure that I will be going at least a couple of days late. I'm not giving up my prayers to go early. As of Friday, Baby Lacy was estimated to be a solid 8 pounds (give or take). For most of the pregnancy EVERYONE who saw me guessed I was having a boy. Recently, however, people have been guessing it's a girl? We shall soon see!

Sam and I decided that we are definitely finding out the gender of our next child as soon as we can. I love the idea of being surprised, I really do think it will encourage me through the labor but... it would be really nice to be able to buy some more things!! We went to a really great consignment sale at a local church today but everything was divided into girls and boys. There's no such thing as gender neutral pants, apparently. Every pair I saw at Target and Babys R Us had to have a flower or a ruffle, otherwise a football or a "Just like Daddy" logo. Yes, life would be a bit easier if we knew what we were having.

Sam took me out for a lovely dinner in Old City tonight. So yummy! It was our last little splurge on a date night before the baby comes. Really special. 
Thank you Sam!


No comments:

Post a Comment