1116

Monday, August 10, 2009

Wilkommen!!

Well we made it! We are here in Mainz, Deutschland!
Our travels were very smooth, everything went great!

We have been staying in a dorm at the Insitute for European History. We have a small room for ourselves and a community kitchen, bathroom and living room to share with the rest of the poeple on our floor. There are about 8 Germans living on our floor, all studying history of various time periods. They are surprised to hear that I am staying here all year long with Sam even though I am not studying...We think it is surprising that they would expect me to live a year without my husband!

We have been suffering from some serious jet lag. Night 4 and I (Jamie) could still only make myself fall asleep by 5am! Sam was asleep at about 2:30am which is the best either of us have done so far.

From what we have seen of the city, it is beautiful! There is a beautiful big cathedral in the middle of town (right outside our window). There are tons of little shops all over and hardly any cars to be seen. The city is right on a hige river, the Rhein river. There are these cute resaurants on the banks with lights and chairs in the beach- fabulous!

Tomorrow we are leaving Mainz for the city of Marburg where we will be for the next 6 weeks taking a language course. After that we will be back in Mainz (hopefully in a larger apartment) until we come home! Except for whatever traveling in Europe we are able to do!

That's kind of it for now. We have been a little bored thus far as we are usually sleeping during the day. At night we play solitaire, charades (yes, you can do that with just 2 people) and read a lot!

Hope everyone is great in the U.S.!
Love from Deutschland!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie, so fun to see that you have a blog! Just left a note for you on FB too! Keep the updates coming! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jam! I'm so glad you created a blog! Now I can keep up with you even when you are several countries away. I'm happy everything is going well with you guys! I'm very excited to hear more. Keep posting! Love you so much!

    Alicia xoxo

    ps. Steven and I have been talking about planning a trip there for next spring! :)

    ReplyDelete